Professional Farm Management
- Ongoing and previous farm management through 1,000 hectares or 300,000 macadamia trees spread from the Northern Rivers of NSW through to South East QLD.
- Management for on-site or absentee land owners
Experience in restructuring and rehabilitation of large scale farm operations. Example includes 80,000 macadamia tree entity divided across three separate farms.
- Previous management of other crops including:- Tea, stone fruit, avocado, mango, lychee, guava.
- Management of organic macadamia orchards
Major projects of note include:
- Detailed Agricultural Land Use Assessment Study for 966 hectares of land within Precinct A and B of the Cumbalum Structure Plan. The study was utilized in an application to rezone the subject land.
- Detailed Agricultural Land Use Capability Study for 225 hectares of land in the Lennox Head area. The report which included a detailed analysis of land class distribution and associated potential land uses was used in a submission to DIPNR which challenged the existing classification of the land as “regionally significant farmland”.
- Agricultural Land Use Capability Study for a proposed 400 lot subdivision in the Lennox Head area. Land class distribution, associated land use potential and land use conflict issues were undertaken as a part of the project.
- Agricultural Land Class Assessment Study on the Clarenza Urban Investigation Area of Grafton. Identify better quality agricultural lands (Classes 1, 2 or 3) for protection from future non-agricultural land use encroachment.
- Agricultural Impact Study on existing and potential land uses as affected by the Pacific Highway – Bangalow to Ewingsdale Duplication. Extensive land capability study in conjunction with a detailed financial analysis was undertaken. Major production systems analysed were: bananas, macadamias, stone fruit and grazing enterprises.
- Consulting on macadamias and numerous other crops carried out in many overseas countries including China, Thailand, Costa-Rica, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Hawaii,